Re: What's JJ up to?

Dan wrote:
>>I think if someone you didn't know personally was running those stations
and providing the same
programming, you wouldn't be so impressed.  I may have offer one size
assessments, but you have a double standard: one standard for people you
like, another for everyone else.<<

nope.  no double standard for me.  check this list.  check the archives.
i've always been a fan of the owner/operator/broadcaster who is at least
trying to make a difference.  and your own, previous post, Dan, stated that
JJ's sports offerings are ALSO unique.  it's not just WRED.  yes, the sports
programming, which, iirc, you like and miss hearing on am 900...  as far as
his 1310 being the 4th into the market?  well, his plans were in motion
before 870 made their flip.  it was kind of hard for him to hit the brakes
and regroup by that point.
regardless of whether i know the man or not, you absolutely made a blanket
assessment of  "JJ the individual."  you did make more than an inference
that JJ might be waiting for the next big group to come along and buy him
out.  that was, if you think about it, pretty crass.
there are corporately owned stations that are trying to carve out a unique
niche.  and there are corporations that actually do care about their
employees and the product.  and if anyone here can point them out to me,
i'll be glad to listen.

- -Chuck Igo