High School Radio in the face of budget cuts

I like learning more about high school radio, but many of them might as
well be a black hole for all the information they make public (i.e. through
news and through websites) about themselves.  And since a lot of them are
small Class A or D, I can't listen to 'em over the air.  Well, okay, I can
get WHHB Holliston at work in Medfield but they're only on after 2:30 or so...

http://www.boston.com/news/education/k_12/mcas/articles/2003/09/02/amid_cuts_students_left_with_basics/

With the really rough budget cuts hitting hard...does anyone know how high
schools are dealing with their radio stations?   Are they just plodding
along for six hours a day?  Shutting the station down?  Turning it around
with aggressive fundraising and underwriting?

I imagine there's a fair amount of variation from station to station, but
I'm curious about 'em all.  :-)