High School Radio in the face of budget cuts

<<On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 11:58:23 -0400, Aaron Read <aread@speakeasy.net> said:

> With the really rough budget cuts hitting hard...does anyone know how high
> schools are dealing with their radio stations?   Are they just plodding
> along for six hours a day?  Shutting the station down?  Turning it around
> with aggressive fundraising and underwriting?

I wonder how much money (not counting staff time) it takes for these
stations to keep operating.  I would imagine that WHHB is one of the
more expensive stations to run (since they are on a private cell tower
rather than a school building or town two-way mast).  Most of the rest
of the ones I've visited were not so elaborate:

- WIQH's antenna is right there on a mast next to the trailer.
- WAVM's antenna is on the building, IIRC, and the transmitter in the
studio.
- WHAB's antenna is on the building
- WYAJ's antenna is on Goodman's Hill in Sudbury, which I've never
found a way to access, but I think it's attached to a town water
tower.
- WSRB's antenna was on the building
- WRPS's antenna is on the building
- WSDH's antenna is on the building

Did I leave out any of the public school stations?

-GAWollman