Re: Concert Disaster In Rhode Island

At 1:15 AM -0500 2/23/03, Donna Halper wrote:

>At 12:15 AM 2/23/2003 -0500, Garrett wrote:
>>Just a reminder, folks: this list is supposed to be about
>>broadcasting.  Please stay on-charter.
>
>No offence, but I think we ARE on charter.  Every talk show on both
>radio and TV for the past two days-- from NECN to Brudnoy, Paul
>Sullivan, and of course those in Rhode Island, has been obsessed
>with this subject.

I have to respectfully disagree with Donna on this one.  There are
lots of topics talked about on radio, the economy, politics,
fashions. sex, sports, etc.  I don't think that makes them all
on-topic for the list to hold those discussions here also.  Of
course, posts about how these subjects are handled, without actually
debating the topic, is on topic here, IMO.

I'm with Garrett on this one, and since he's the list owner, his word
goes anyhow.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH