Re: Concert Disaster In Rhode Island

At 12:15 AM 2/23/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Just a reminder, folks: this list is supposed to be about
>broadcasting.  Please stay on-charter.

No offence, but I think we ARE on charter.  Every talk show on both radio
and TV for the past two days-- from NECN to Brudnoy, Paul Sullivan, and of
course those in Rhode Island, has been obsessed with this subject.  I think
we are just having an electronic conversation that is very similar to what
has been on the air.  I for one appreciate that you keep the list on-track,
but I don't think this subject is as far off as you seem to, given what I
am hearing on the air.  Even Pete Shepherd (sitting in yesterday for Glenn
Ordway) on WEEI's "Big Show" stopped down to talk about it yesterday.  A
lot of us know people who were involved with this story... I was also
talking about it with Bill Buchanan who was a reporter during the tragic
Cocoanut Grove fire...people all over the country have this one on their
minds.  And don't forget-- one of the missing was an on air-personality,
"The Doctor," if I am not mistaken.  Any of the Rhode Island radio fans on
this list know how his station has been handling it?