RE: WMWM taking a week off...

Both in writing and in practice the FCC grants a lot of leeway to
college/high-school stations to be off-the-air during normal holiday breaks.

That doesn't mean that it's inordinately stupid for a station to ever be
off the air.  Well, okay...I can see regularly scheduled outages on, say,
overnights.  As long as it's REGULAR...nothing random.   I have often heard
the adage by students that they think their listeners would rather hear
dead air than hear bad air or automation (no focus groups, research, or
polling to back this up, mind you)...proving very effectively that:

1: Students often know far, far less than they think they do...and...
2: A student-run station should be required to have a faculty advisor.

Aaron "Bishop" Read       aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting   www.friedbagels.com
AOL-IM: ReadAaron         Brighton, MA 02135