Re: boston-radio-interest-digest V5 #306

At 10:04 PM 12/19/02, you wrote:
>Someone else asked how automation teaches students about radio.  Given the
>current state of the industry, and how many commercial stations operate,
>learning how to program an automation system is actually the perfect
>training for a radio novice to have (along with other skills, of course).

I agree.

As for the Winamp debate, a few years ago, I developed a crude automation
system for my college station using Winamp, and we actually had scheduled
programming, hour by hour, with voice tracking.  Winamp is not a great tool
for the job, but it worked fine for many vacations -- often good enough to
fool me when I was listening.

Eric