Re:Re: WBUR debate

---------- "Dan C." <dwcole@attbi.com> writes:

From: "Dan C." <dwcole@attbi.com>
To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Subject: Re: WBUR debate
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 13:59:02 -0500

At 08:15 AM 12/20/2002 -0500, Dave Faneuf wrote:

>Interesting thread.  Just a couple of general comments.
>When trashing a host get his name right....O'Brien's name isn't Tom.
>
>I can assure everyone, we hate fundraising MORE than you do but it is a
>necessary evil.
>
>Regarding Oakes not working anywhere but public radio, Bob was a
>respected reporter/anchor at the old WEEI for years before joining WBUR.
>
>That's about all I'm going to say on the subject
>df

Bob Oakes not only has an extensive commercial radio background (including
a stint at WKXL, Concord, NH), he put in his time in the trenches (the
Seabrook demonstrations come to mind). And WBUR's News Director, Sam
Fleming, is also no slouch when it comes to commercial radio.  If my fading
memory is correct he spent some time in Keene, NH, before we worked
together at the old WBBX in Portsmouth.
Those contributing to that newsgroup thread obviously don't have enough
radio knowledge to half-fill
a thimble.

Dan Cole

I have found that most of the other radio news groups that I have surfed onto are basically just a place of personal attacks and sour grapes.  That is why I participate exclusively in this group.  There are a knowledgeable bunch of people on this group and while sometimes the discussions can get heated they are not of a personal nature.
df