Re: WMWM taking a week off...

At 07:12 PM 12/19/2002, SteveOrdinetz wrote:
>  Peter Q. George wrote:
>>Can't they run automated during the break with WINAMP?
>>  As for the legal ID, they could use their remote
>>control system to automatically key up a cart deck
>>every hour? That's basically what I use to keep my
>>stations up and running 24/7.
>
>Now there's a sophisticated automation system.  Of course, it would
>requrire a PC with enough mp3s in it to keep repeats to a minimum.  Is
>there an automatic playlist generator/randomizer for Winamp or would
>someone actually have to "schedule" 8 days worth of music?

Not really - I've looked.  There is a plugin called "RoboDJ" that allows
you to assign "heavy/medium/light" rotation to specific tracks but I can
see that getting cumbersone in a hurry.   http://robodj.burnap.net

"Raduga" and it's accompanying Playlist generator "Airlist"  www.raduga.net
are a fairly cheap ($1000) way to get pretty professional sounding air and
still have legal ID's, promos, PSA's, etc play when you want them to.  We
just got it at WBRS and we're still getting it set up.

Aaron "Bishop" Read       aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting   www.friedbagels.com
AOL-IM: ReadAaron         Brighton, MA 02135