Re: WMWM taking a week off...

Can't they run automated during the break with WINAMP?
 As for the legal ID, they could use their remote
control system to automatically key up a cart deck
every hour? That's basically what I use to keep my
stations up and running 24/7.  If you use the WINAMP
with the the SQR Crossfader program, it sounds like
someone's running the board.  As long as you do your
readings daily and have a dial-up remote system and
have your EAS on automatic, you're ready.

Just, in my own opinion, there is really no reason for
ANY college station to be silent during any breaks.
This will prevent any potential vulture "time-sharing"
person to apply for half of your airtime when license
renewal time comes.  I hope Salem State will
reconsider for your Christmas shows.  73.

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts

--- Bob Nelson <raccoonradio@yahoo.com> wrote:
> WMWM will be off air from Dec 21 to 29, as Salem
> State
> College is shut down completely and they want to
> save
> heat, power, etc. during the budget crunch.
> So stuff like my show or the planned Doug Mascott
> Christmas special won't be on (unless they change
> their minds, which I doubt). Of course many
> listeners
> on the North Shore will still hear _something_ on
> 91.7, as the signal from
> WNEF in Newburyport will drift down...
>
> Bob Nelson

=====