RE: WMWM taking a week off...

Aaron writes:

> Your interpretation of "running unattended" is a little
> off, Peter...but in
> principle I agree with you.   There's no reason for any
> station to shut
> down these days...it's just too damn easy and cheap to
> set it up to run
> with no physical presence at the helm.   "Saving heat and
> power"??

It also makes me wonder why the station wasn't a bit more forceful
with the licenseholder-Trustees of the school to walk away from its
obligations to the license to broadcast at least 12 hours per day.
It isn't about the electricity.  It's about ignorance by the
administration.  Don't get me wrong, as a former student station
wonk, you WANT the school powers to remain somewhat ignorant in
order that the student-freedom be perpetuated, but there are times
when you can turn the tables on the school and toss the regs at them
and wait for them to thank you for covering their collective arses.

Bill O'Neill