RE: WWZN adds programming

Steve Ordinetz writes:

>Guess I missed that time.  I have an old bumper sticker with the Bruins
>logo and the WITS calls.  That had to be mid-late 70s.  Wasn't 1510 the
>Bruins' flagship then?

In the late 70s WITS was the Red Sox flagship, also.'ITS was supposed to
stand for "Information Talk and Sports" according to 1510s PR types at the
time.

They were a talker at the time.

Sports broadcasting trivia fans will note that 1510 was Red Sox flagship at
the
time of the infamous 1978 Red Sox - Yankees one game playoff (aka The Bucky
Dent game).
As such, Boston area listners could tune into all the gorey details of that
game on 1510

Their talk line up consisted of Pat Whitley (doing issue oriented talk), Avi
Nelson,
& Jerry Williams. On weekends Whitley orignated his resturant show on the
station.

73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)