Re: WWZN adds programming

Sean Smyth wrote:

>Probably when Campbell Sports was the flagship for the Bruins and 1510 was
>an affiliate. This was back in the country music days.

Guess I missed that time.  I have an old bumper sticker with the Bruins
logo and the WITS calls.  That had to be mid-late 70s.  Wasn't 1510 the
Bruins' flagship then?

>  I don't think country and hockey mesh really well (two different,
> distinct audiences for the most
>part) but Campbell was probably more interested in just getting an affiliate
>whose signal could be heard in Boston proper.

I often wondered that with WBZ.  I can't imagine much of David Brudnoy's
audience (who gets pre-empted most) sticking around for a Bruins
game.  Doesn't WPLM get into Boston pretty well?  I know they had a fairly
good signal here in southern N.H. until WNNH came on.