Re: WWZN adds programming

Joseph Pappalardo writes:
> 1.) When was the last contemporary song (in a music format) played on
> 1510AM.  Anyone have the date they switched completely to talk from
> Top40/AC?

Country music in the late 1980s (were they local at any daypart, or all
satellite?).

> 2.)  When was the last time there was anything worth listening to on
> 1510AM? Anyone want to venture an opinion?

Besides now, of course... :-)

Probably when Campbell Sports was the flagship for the Bruins and 1510 was
an affiliate. This was back in the country music days. I don't think country
and hockey mesh really well (two different, distinct audiences for the most
part) but Campbell was probably more interested in just getting an affiliate
whose signal could be heard in Boston proper. Also at the time WBOS was just
about to drop or had dropped country, meaning 1510 was the only game in town
when it came to country music.