Re: What's JJ up to?

Dan incorrectly stated:
>>I stand corrected.  Your double standard is one standard for corporate
broadcasters, another standard for owner/operators.<<

you are quite wrong, sir.  i was almost willing to ignore this, but you'll
not attack me personally in public.
i have one standard when it comes to radio, Dan.  It's one based on a LOVE
of what one is doing.  period.  corporate profit machines are killing an
industry i LOVE.  i truly respect broadcasters, corporate or individuals,
who are willing to make an effort to keep the industry interesting and fun.
there's no rule anywhere that says you can't truly enjoy what you do and
still make some decent money.

and to the mention of corporate broadcasters:  what?  no takers on pointing
out one corporate broadcast entity that can combine the best of both worlds?
(respect for the craft and the people who do it, as well as nice profit
margins?)  and with all due respect to our current employer, don't even
think about it.  i'd hurt myself laughing.

i have no desire to do anything else, Dan.  you do.  and good for you!
you're doing well in school and we joke about putting your good papers on
the 'fridge at Western Avenue (home of Saga, our current, mutual, part time
employer).  i'm pleased to see that you've moved on.

i have no desire to.  RADIO is what i do, and what i hope to continue doing.
i have no level of "like" for any corporation that insists on sucking the
soul out of the broadcast industry.  the corporate money machines are
kicking it up a notch, now.  they've all but done away with the lower levels
of labor in order to maximize profit.  now, they're eliminating management
positions.  (one example:  Boston's WBMX & WODS are now being run by ONE
programmer; this is not a SMALL group, by any means.)

i begrudge no one that which they can reap. but when what they are reaping
is profit at the expense of the very art, heart & soul of what they were
doing in the first place, then i will openly question and disagree the
price.

- -Chuck Igo