Re: Satellite Radio

From: "Hakim Madjid" <HMadjid@mindspring.com>

> I have my doubts that staellite radio will succceed. I don't think people
> are going want to pay $10 a month subscriptions for it. Especially not
with
> a recessionary economy.

Maybe people will have learned their lesson with how Cable works.

The suck you in....get you to pay them regularly (monthly...by auto debit if
poss)....then they keep raising the price year after year after year.

I think it's a lot easier to live without sattelite radio than TV.

After all...no one lives in their car.

The programming isn't/won't be compelling ebnough to drive the "I GOTTA have
it" emotion.

And...you can get a similar service from AT&T Broadband for the home.
(Touted as 'free' with the Digital Basic package that costs  $2.95)

While I DO love having the cable modem...I noticed they went for a 1-1/2
year promotion signing everyone up...then they raised the rates...almost
like it was part of a plan/scheme.

Most people don't/won't believe that the price they are signing up for will
stay the same..

And you're right, ina recessionary economy...people are pulling in the
(spening) wings.