RE: Satellite Radio

<<On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 14:05:11 -0400, "Hakim Madjid" <HMadjid@mindspring.com> said:

> I have my doubts that staellite radio will succceed. I don't think people
> are going want to pay $10 a month subscriptions for it. Especially not with
> a recessionary economy.

You have to look at it as a luxury item.  That is the market it is
currently targeted towards, and that is how it will succeed or fail.
I don't think it will fail, but it may well require substantial
additional investment and payoffs to manufacturers before there's a
sufficient installed base.  There are large parts of the country where
local radio does not provide the sort of air product which is
interesting to this audience, and $120 a year is pocket change to
them.  (For that matter: how many not-rich people now pay Fleece that
much just to have a bank account?)

-GAWollman