Re: Satellite Radio

Joe writes:
> And...you can get a similar service from AT&T Broadband for the
home.
> (Touted as 'free' with the Digital Basic package that costs  $2.95)

Great point.  It's part of the basic Dish Network 100 or 150 plan.
150 actually gets you a dozen more channels (but they're mono, unlike
the stereo "CD" channels)  I have it on all the time here when I'm
working - It has logo-ID of title, artist, album, etc. and slowly
bumps up and down the monitor to limit burn-in.  I guess a more
portable (can you just see Bose jumping on this?) table radio with
this capability could work, but if you're already on the hook for
40-50 bucks to the satellite TV provider....  Hmm, I wonder if the Sat
TV companies will jump on it as additional option?

As for the car, I would subscribe, but with line-o-site as it is and
these Greens and Adirondacks (mountains, not chairs) I'm a bit
skeptical.

Bill O'Neill