Re: the demise of WEVD

At 07:36 PM 9/2/01 -0400, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

>Not like WEVD was exactly a heritage station.  I don't know what the calls
>were originally, but wasn't this frequency the home of WHN for many years?
>And wasn't WFAN here too before moving to 660?  It's one thing mourning a
>legitimate heritage station, but this was just a rather low-rated talk
>station on a frequency that's had any number of formats.

The original WEVD was on a different frequency, I believe 1330.  The format
for many years was Yiddish and Jewish oriented programming aimed at people
from "the old country".

I also seem to remember from my childhood in the NY area that for a while
the 1050 frequency was known as WMGM.

Can anyone confirm or dispute my memories?
---
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH