Re: the demise of WEVD

>Steve wrote--
>Not like WEVD was exactly a heritage station.  I don't know what the calls
>were originally, but wasn't this frequency the home of WHN for many years?

Umm, WEVD has had the same calls since it first went on the air.  Like many
stations, including some heritage "big names" like WBZ (which used to be at
990 kHz) and WRKO (which as WNAC didn't get to be at 680 till the 1950s),
WEVD had a chance to get a different frequency, and their ownership took
it.   There are actually very few stations around today on the frequency
they were first assigned way back when.