Re: the demise of WEVD

 Donna Halper wrote:
>My thanks to the list-members who made me aware of the final broadcast of
>WEVD.  I was able to listen to the last hour of the station, and there is
>something sad about a station that has existed since 1927 having the plug
>pulled on it so unceremoniously.  So many great names and famous people
>spoke at that station, and to have its unique programming replaced by yet
>another satellite sports talk station really irritates me.

Not like WEVD was exactly a heritage station.  I don't know what the calls
were originally, but wasn't this frequency the home of WHN for many years?
And wasn't WFAN here too before moving to 660?  It's one thing mourning a
legitimate heritage station, but this was just a rather low-rated talk
station on a frequency that's had any number of formats.