Re: 530 AM Frequency

Radio Vision Christiana, Turks and Caicos Islands West Indies.

Basically look at Bahamas Island Chain and continue south-easterly on your
atlas. It's sort of the same chain, but the most southerly stretch. A little
further south is the Domenican Republic. From my experience travelling past the
Domenican Republic through the years, and also visiting Port-Au-Prince, Haiti,
there are NO stations on 530. Just the Turks and Caicos'. They are rather widely
heard up and down the eastern side of North America. I get them by day here at
the Jacksonville, FL seacoast. They are rather powerful. Don't quote me but
something like 100kw I believe, if memory serves.

I can hear the 530 in Jamaica, Cuba, the FL Keys, Puerto Rico, etc during the
daytime at sea.

Ron Gitschier
Jacksonville, FL (beach)