From: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org]On Behalf Of Donna
Halper
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2001 12:47 PM
To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Subject: the demise of WEVD

My thanks to the list-members who made me aware of the final broadcast of
WEVD.  I was able to listen to the last hour of the station, and there is
something sad about a station that has existed since 1927 having the plug
pulled on it so unceremoniously.  So many great names and famous people
spoke at that station, and to have its unique programming replaced by yet
another satellite sports talk station really irritates me.  Yeah, I know,
fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly, and stations gotta change format, but
stations that have a format nobody else is doing and a loyal fan base (see
www.savewevd.com) should somehow be allowed to survive...