Re: the demise of WEVD

Hi, all

the original calls for 1050AM in NY were WHN.

Around 1953, WHN became WMGM. They were the first station in NY to play rock
and roll.

They were home to Peter Tripp, " the curly headed Kid in the third row"
Something like that :)

WEVD used to actually be the calls for 97.9 which is now WSKQ.

WHN becamse country in the 70's, then,  they took on the calls of WFAN in the
mid eighties.

During NY's great format and frequency swap of 1988, which included several
other stations,

WNBC died, and WFAN moved to it's present location

Norm