Re: this week in review

At 02:58 AM 9/1/01 +0000, Jeremy Mixer wrote:
>On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Larry Weil wrote:
>
> > >In reality there is very little duplication of formats
> > >these days.  There is some overlap, to be sure,
> >
> > Well, that depends on how you view things.  I know that some people
> > consider every little variance of rock music to be a separate format,
> > but to me it seems there are a lot of stations playing rock and very
> > few playing anything else.  To me, that is a lot of duplication and
> > very little variety.
>
>I disagree- it seems that there is a large and growing audience for
>rock......

Yea, but what are you disagreeing with?  I said there's little being played
except various forms of rock, and you go on to cite a number of stations
playing rock and not one playing anything else.

I never said there wasn't a demand for rock.  Just go back and read what I
wrote.  I wasn't talking about demand, I was talking about the lack of much
else.

---
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH