Re: Local Political Coverage

On Sat, 1 Sep 2001 01:35:36 -0400 "A. Joseph Ross"
<lawyer@attorneyross.com> writes:
> On 31 Aug 2001, at 19:13, DonKelley@aol.com wrote:
>
> > The reason for little or no coverage of local politics us that,
> > unfortunately, few people care.  For supporting evidence, look at
> the
> > anemic turnout for local elections.
>
> This becomes self-fulfilling prophecy.  Without news coverage, no
> one
> has any idea who the candidates are or why anyone should vote for
> them.  Without news coverage, many people don't even know there's an
> election.

And so management thinks see, no one is listening to radio for news
(never mind they are the ones that took news off the radio) so why put
any resources into it, and on it goes...During the last local election
Boston had when I was at SFR, WBZ wouldn't even take ads from local
candidates running for office!  Talk about management decision to ignore
an election!

df