Re: EAS System

----- Original Message -----
From: <Chuckigo@aol.com>
To: <brian_vita@cssinc.com>
Cc: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 8:50 PM
Subject: Re: EAS System

> yes, the system does work.
> if you hear an EAS alert in the middle of a song or a commercial, the odds
> are pretty good that there is not a LIVE OPERATOR at the controls at that
> moment

Generally, that's probably correct, but not always.  I believe the way they
have things et up at 420 Western Avenue is that activations run
automatically on all the stations in the buildings, even those that have
live operators.  I seem to remember doing a live on show on WMGX a couple of
years ago and having the EAS system take control of the station when there
was a flood warning for Cumberland County.  I think required tests are
delayed until a stopset.

>   and WSJZ's Mark Edwards is not only a former Boston broadcaster, he's
> also another Mainer-Living-In-Exile.  (he logged time at WCSH and WYNZ, as
> well as Kiss 100)

That's right.  I worked with him at KISS 100, many years ago and remember
him as a pleasant co-worker.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine