Re: EAS System

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

> Maybe in a major market.  At our stations I have a hard enough time
> getting operators to LOG the damn things, let alone figure out how to
> relay one. Those Sage EAS boxes just aren't that intuative for
> non-technical types.

Mabe I am smarter then I thought (I assumed that if I was smart, I
wouldn't have chosen radio as a career path!!! :) ) but what is so hard
about typing in what is usally a simple password on four buttons after
pressing the button that says weekly test, and then after the password
pressing the proceed button? Maybe the logging part might get a little
difficult, but I would have thought being able to tell time and sign your
name was pretty easy.... oh well, I guess somehow I am more intelligent
then I had thought. Maybe this means I am ready for the big markets?

Jeremy Mixer
Bangor, Maine