RE: William Pierce of WCRB

On 4 Jun 2001,  Hakim Madjid wrote:

> Counselor,
> Yea I remember installing one of those FM converter boxes in my parent's car
> back then because they complained that they no longer could get WCRB on
> 1330. However, I got my FM converter from Lafayette (remember them?) instead
> of Radio Shack.

I do remember them.  I generally preferred them to Radio Shack, so I don't
know why I got mine at RS, except that I think Lafayette was out of
business by then.  I didn't get the FM converter immediately when 1330
became WHET.

> Yea I remember those devices, you patched them into your antenna line, and
> tuned your existing AM radio to around 1400Khz to listen in.

I set a button on the AM radio for 1400.  With the converter turned off, I
could use it to listen to WHMP 1400 when I visited in Western
Massachusetts.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/