Re: Jackass,Viacom&CBS

> In a message dated 6/1/01 11:28:48 PM, Jibguy writes:
>
> We all know that the media will not set any standards for itself at all

I reject that premise.  The media has standards.  They may not be the
standards Bob would like to see, but they have standards.

Also, is Bob saying that as a media owner, he has no standards?  Of course
not.  Bob is clearly from the "I know best" camp and thinks broadcasters
should follow his standards.  I like Bob, but his rants about credit cards
and radio shows he holds the general public in low regard.

Even if Bob's statement had any validity, I would still oppose using the
government or courts to impose standards.  The idea that a judge, a
politician, or bureaucrat would set the standards is scarier to me than
every station carrying Howard Stern.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine