Re: Bob Bittner's Unlikely Ally In The Fight Against The "CashMachine"

Crystal Airheads wrote:

> If you want to listen to a sample of what 'sped up' sounds like, take a
> listen to a station going into delay. They generally try to do this over
> music because the warble is less noticeable, but if it's done while someone
> is talking, the warble is quite noticeable. Granted it's only for a few
> seconds, but it can be enough to draw your attention.

The dig. delay used at WCAP actually slows down the output until the
7 seconds is reached.  One method is to hit a 7 second jingle, etc.,
flip to delay (without dumping first) and you get instant delay.
What you hear is the jingle sung twice.  Problem is, not too many
talkers jingling these days.  Remember the old WBZ delay sound?  It
was like something out of an early synth. fusion track.  HDH used
one of those large carts that would trip and override output whiile
it was held down.  I still like that better than the 'one shot' of
many of the current units.

Bill O'Neill