RE: Bob Bittner's Unlikely Ally In The Fight Against The "CashMachine"

At 08:00 PM 1/28/00 -0500, Pete Ferrand wrote:

>I always had a hard time conceptualizing, not the basic concept of
>course, but which controls get thrown in which order to go in and
>out and how to dump a bad word. Obviously this has to be done in
>the heat of the rather excitable moment in many cases.

Any station I've ever worked at that used the 2 tape deck method of delay
usually had a cart with some sort of sounder on it that was used over the
offending language.  The board op would be listening to board out, when
something to be dumped came up, switched to air monitor & potted down the
delay just before it went on air and hit the card with the sounder.  I
recall hearing this on WBZ in the pre-digital delay days.

 With