Re: WMEX

The M-Street Yearbook includes PSRA and PSSA powers, but
not facilities. You might want to call Tom Taylor at M
Street Publications in Nashville and ask where they get
the info. They don't publish it in the M-Street Journal
and it sure doesn't seem to be in the FCC's public AM
database or in the daily summaries of FCC actions.
Presenting the info so that it's complete could take a
lot of space. With stations running different powers at
different times during the PSSA period, a clear
presentation in limited space could be quite a challenge.

BTW, on my ride into work between 7:30 and 8:00 this AM,
WMEX did not seem to be running as much CH power as it
had run Saturday through Tuesday. Sounded more like the
power that the station has been running between 4:45 and
5:00 PM. Could have been someone asleep at the switch
(literally), or a technical glitch, or an FCC mandate to
cut back the CH power. The ignition noise in my 1985
Lynx turns the AM into a very poorly calibrated signal-
strength meter, for signals of moderate strength and
less.

This may be quite far-fetched, but if Williams was
missing today (as someone reported), it could mean that
his contract specifies that he need not appear if the
station isn't running full power. That, in turn, would
mean that the low power was intentional, though it says
nothing about the reason.