Re: WBOS

There is a BIG difference between a non-comm AAA, like WXPN, and commercial
stations such as WXRV and WBOS.  WXPN can afford to be more esoteric because they
don't have pesky things like ratings and revenue to concern themselves with, or at
least, not to the degree that commercial stations do.  AAA is a wide ranging format
which covers a lot of musical genres, and unlike other mainstream formats, no two
AAA's are the same.  Some skew alternative, others lean more classic rock, and some
even tend to play more country and folk.  If WXPN is your cup of tea, great.  Enjoy
it.  But there are other ways to execute the format as well.  WBOS has fallen on
hard times, but WXRV is a very highly regarded AAA station in national circles.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Mediabase 24/7