Re: WBOS

> An alternative gold format would pick up where WROR leaves off musically, but
would be
> different from WZLX.  It wouldn't conflict with Greater Media's other
properties, but would
> still target adult demographics, which is the goal of all the GM properties
in town.

Hey, I've got a novel idea: how about WBOS going AAA?  They're certainly not
that now, and haven't been for quite some time.  The same goes for WXRV, IMHO,
especially in recent weeks.  To recalibrate your ears as to what AAA sounds
like, try out WXPN/Philadelphia's stream (Windows Media Player 6.4 required) at
http://209.240.147.11/wxpn.asx .  Though 'XPN is operated by the University of
Pennsylvania, it's hardly anti-commercial.  Its playist shares a lot of titles
with any ideal "alternative gold" format; I just heard two very familiar
vintage Bowie and REM songs back-to-back!  Followed by The Beatles circa "Let
it Be"...

Take care,
Chris

NW: Arthel Neville beating up on Bill O'Reilly, Fox News Channel