Re: Concept advertising (was Re: Non-competes)

At 11:11 AM 9/24/2003, Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:
>On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, rogerkirk wrote:
> > was that it consisted of a blend of herbs in a 20% mixture of alcohol, a
>
>Keep in mind, people, you're not supposed to swig the entire bottle.  Just
>a spoonful or two!!! :-)
>
>At that quantity, the alcohol is quickly dispatched.
>--
>Sven (Glug Glug) Weil

I can't comment too specifically here, but as part of my Development Psych
class we did research on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and it's amazing how much
damage to a fetus even a compartively tiny amount of alcohol can
do...especially when it's at certain stages of fetal development (for
example, a beer at 35 weeks will do a lot less damage than a beer at 12 weeks).

IIRC, conventional wisdom these days is that ANY amount of alcohol is bad
for the fetus, regardless of what form it comes in.