Re: FCC gives ultimatum to Radio Free Brattleboro

--- Luke <earthradio@getgoin.net> wrote:
> All I'm saying is, if it's illegal for operations
> like RFB, shouldn't it
> conversely be illegal for corporations to control so
> much of what's seen and
> heard..after all, isn't this spectrum "limited?"

You're comparing apples and oranges here.  I'm not
going to get into the media concentration debate here,
however.  It's been gone over ad nauseum here and
elsewhere.

I did find it interesting that in a letter to the
editor to the Brattleboro Reformer published today,
one of the signers of radio free brattleboro's
petitions felt "manipulated".  The writer was told
that the petition would not be "waved about to justify
the continued unlicensed operation of the station".
Other signers were reportedly told the same thing.
Obviously these signers were misinformed, and it makes
me wonder if the misinformation was deliberate or not.

Peace be with you,

Doug Bassett
Brattleboro, VT