Re: FCC gives ultimatum to Radio Free Brattleboro

on 9/8/03 1:37 PM, Doug Bassett at hinsdalien@yahoo.com wrote:

> Let's turn it into a band where anyone anywhere with a
> transmitter can broadcast on any frequency their heart
> desires, with as much wattage as they want, without
> regard to any other station on the dial, licensed or
> not.  That is what we will be faced with if the FCC is
> to allow rfb to remain on the air.  That is the type
> of anarchy I would like to avoid on the FM band.

All I'm saying is, if it's illegal for operations like RFB, shouldn't it
conversely be illegal for corporations to control so much of what's seen and
heard..after all, isn't this spectrum "limited?" Some of it should be
preserved for uses other than CC and the like. Oh, and don't think NCE is
the answer either..look at how much of that band is filled with satellators
from California and Florida. I'm not pro-anarchy, but I'm not very
sympathetic to the NAB and CC either..the airwaves ARE supposed to be a
public resource.

Luke Steele