Re: Was Ch4 logo, now "Who has the oldest TV"

> The road that I live on did not get cable TV until 1996.  Most of the town
> got cable in the 1980's, but they did not run lines to some more rural areas
> until the mid 1990's.
>
> -- Dan Billings, Bowdoinnham, Maine

Isn't there a town somewhere in Connecticut that doesn't have ABSOLUTELY
ANY over-the-air TV reception?  It's somewhere up in, or between,  some
mountains.

I remember reading in the New York Times (must have been like 5 years ago)
that they were going to PROBABLY get cable TV sometime later that year or
next year.  A few people in the town did have sattelite dishes.

What struck me was that the town did have a very high literacy rate...and
the kids there really were pretty indifferent towards TV finally coming
into town.

--
Sven Weil
New York City