Re: Was Ch4 logo, now "Who has the oldest TV"

At 09:31 PM 9/8/2003, Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:

> > The road that I live on did not get cable TV until 1996.  Most of the town
> > got cable in the 1980's, but they did not run lines to some more rural
> areas
> > until the mid 1990's.
> >
> > -- Dan Billings, Bowdoinnham, Maine
>
>Isn't there a town somewhere in Connecticut that doesn't have ABSOLUTELY
>ANY over-the-air TV reception?  It's somewhere up in, or between,  some
>mountains.
>Sven

It would have to be in the northwestern corner of the state...everywhere
along the coast, the center of the state, and along the eastern side DOES
have some OTA reception of TV from somewhere.

The NW part also has the Appalachian mountains, so I can see there not
being anything despite NYC to the south, Albany to the NW, and Hartford to
the east.  Although even so I find it a bit hard to believe.