Re: FCC gives ultimatum to Radio Free Brattleboro

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 19:58:53 Luke
<earthradio@getgoin.net> wrote:

> All I'm saying is, if it's illegal for operations
> like RFB, shouldn't it
> conversely be illegal for corporations to control so
> much of what's seen and
> heard..after all, isn't this spectrum "limited?"

<snip>

>..the airwaves ARE supposed to be a public resource.

Gee, this sounds like an issue thats been beaten so
far beyond death on this list its not even funny.
Although I believe in what you say, the sad reality is
that the real world is not like that.  And, as has
been mentioned on this list umpteen hundred times now,
unless there's some major changes in the law and the
marketplace in the next few years, things in the
broadcasting world don't look to be changing much from
the current status quo anytime soon.  Thats the way it
is

                              Matt Osborne
                              Poughkeepsie, NY