Re: FCC gives ultimatum to Radio Free Brattleboro

--- Luke <earthradio@getgoin.net> wrote:
> Let's turn it into a narrow, overly marketed,
> repetitive, insulting band
> overly dictated by corporate interests. Oh wait,
> that's already happened.
> Let's not turn the FM band into something other than
> status quo, eh?

Let's turn it into a band where anyone anywhere with a
transmitter can broadcast on any frequency their heart
desires, with as much wattage as they want, without
regard to any other station on the dial, licensed or
not.  That is what we will be faced with if the FCC is
to allow rfb to remain on the air.  That is the type
of anarchy I would like to avoid on the FM band.

As far as content goes, it doesn't matter to me.  They
can play Finnish folk music or promote prostitution
(for the record, I have heard neither on radio free
brattleboro), but if they are not compliant with the
FCC's Part 15 regulations and do not hold a valid
broadcast license issued by the FCC, then they should
not be on the air.  Period.

Peace be with you,

Doug Bassett
Brattleboro, VT