RE: FCC gives ultimatum to Radio Free Brattleboro

Although not specific to radio, I have seen (more than once) folks that are
generally not well informed on a subject sign a petition saying "do X" then
show up at a public hearing saying they would have never signed the petition
if the knew, and asking the decision-making body to vote "no on doing x".

Point being, misinforming folks to get petition signatures is (alas) a
time-tested method for generating signatures, and it certainly would not
surprise me if RFB did just such a thing to gain signatures.

Paul Hopfgarten
East Derry NH 03041
paul@03038.com