RE: FCC gives ultimatum to Radio Free Brattleboro

At 05:44 PM 9/9/2003, Paul Hopfgarten wrote:
>Point being, misinforming folks to get petition signatures is (alas) a
>time-tested method for generating signatures, and it certainly would not
>surprise me if RFB did just such a thing to gain signatures.

True.

Many anti-Clear Channel/Radio Conglomerate folks get people "on their side"
by asking them in polls: "Do you want more diversity in radio?"    That's
like asking someone if they want a $1000/month raise without any extra work
or responsibility in the job.  Duh, of course they're gonna say "yes".

If they followed up with the question: "Do you want more diversity in
radio, even though it means there will be many radio stations playing music
and saying things you don't agree with?"   I'll bet a lot fewer would say
"yes" then.