RE: New Ch4 logo finally on air

<<On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 20:25:40 -0400, "Paul Hopfgarten" <paul@03038.com> said:

> Here in Derry, 2,4,5,7,9,11 get their assignment on the same Cable Station,
> but Ch 27 is Cable8, Ch25 is Cable13, Ch56 is Cable12, Ch44 is Cable 16, Ch
> 38 is Cable 14, Ch21 Concord NH is Cable15

That's the standard Comcast Boston lineup.

> 100%, I guess the Cable Company doesn't have to carry 21 AND 68...Rules
> fans, any comment on that?).

Must-carry only applies to unique program services.  You can't assert
must-carry for both a station and a satellite.

> Even Derry's Hometown Station (Ch50) is Cable 18, and the gang o' stations

Same here.

> in the 60's *60,62,66 & 46* occupy Cable Slots 19-22 in that order. The only

Not sure about these.

> execption is WYDN which way up at Cable 96 (God apparently has a "higher"
> calling).

48 is on 23 in Framingham.

> Actually, the Oakland A's Broadcast "Logo" does something I'm surprised I
> don't see more of, and that is to mention Broadcast AND Cable #s in it's
> Logo

Many Canadian stations historically did this, thanks to the regulatory
situation there which guarantees that a local broadcast station will
never be on the same cable channel as OTA.  I can still hear in my
mind ``CFCF twelve, cable eleven''.  ``CFTM dix'' was on 7, CFJP was
on 5.  Not sure about CBFT and CBMT.  In Ontario, a dozen or more
Global transmitters are all seen on cable channel 3.

-GAWollman