RE: New Ch4 logo finally on air

Well actually, with Cable TV, Ch 4 could very well NOT be on #4 on your
Cable Box, especially the further away from Boston you get.

Here in Derry, 2,4,5,7,9,11 get their assignment on the same Cable Station,
but Ch 27 is Cable8, Ch25 is Cable13, Ch56 is Cable12, Ch44 is Cable 16, Ch
38 is Cable 14, Ch21 Concord NH is Cable15 (no 68, as since the simulcast is
100%, I guess the Cable Company doesn't have to carry 21 AND 68...Rules
fans, any comment on that?).

Even Derry's Hometown Station (Ch50) is Cable 18, and the gang o' stations
in the 60's *60,62,66 & 46* occupy Cable Slots 19-22 in that order. The only
execption is WYDN which way up at Cable 96 (God apparently has a "higher"
calling).

Actually, the Oakland A's Broadcast "Logo" does something I'm surprised I
don't see more of, and that is to mention Broadcast AND Cable #s in it's
Logo
(Action 36 Cable 6...which is Broadcast Station KICU-TV (Action 36) and is I
assume Cable Location 6 in the SF-Oak-SJ area).

SOOOO....to get to my point, it makes sense for a logo to be well enough
seen so that the Cable Customer that's an infrequent watcher of a specific
station can remember..."Ah! Cable 273 is Ch 4!" 'Cause unlike us on this
mail list....most people don't give a rats 8ss what Broadcast Station is
what Cable Station, just "Where's my show on?"

Paul Hopfgarten
East Derry NH 03041
paul@03038.com