Re: Major Power Outage

At 1:35 AM -0400 8/15/03, A. Joseph Ross wrote:

>I think too many things get continuing coverage.  A lot of
>continuing coverage consists of
>endless repetition of a few facts, interspersed with a lot of
>uninformed conjecture and filler.
>Meanwhile, the news of the rest of the world gets ignored.

Quite true!  The big story of the day, the one with lasting
consequences, is that a major terrorist leader was captured
yesterday.  That one got swept under the rug when the lights went out
in New Yuck.

Speaking of radio, the best coverage I heard from NY was on WOR,
where Dr. Joy Brown took off her psychologist hat and became a
reporter/anchor.  And a very good and intelligent one at that!  I
heard her on the way home from work last night, I left around 11:30.
She and a co-anchor were substituting for Lionel.
--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH