Re: Whitley vs City of Lawrence

On 5 Aug 2003 at 12:16, Dan Billings wrote:

> That's what he claims.  But we don't know that to be true.  I think having
> a basic command of the English language would be required for anyone in
> his position.  Communicating with the public and school personnel, in
> person and in writing, is a major part of the job.

Communicating with public and school personnel is not the same as passing a test.

> I just took the Bar Exam and I was required to know lots of things that I
> will never need to know.

As a lawyer, you will be responsible for all of the law.  You don't really know at this point
what you will need to know.  A case can take you in many directions, and you need to know
at least enough about other areas of law to know when there's a problem and refer the client
to someone who knows more.