Re: WOTW Nashua NH Sold

  Mark Watson wrote:

>   He told the Telegraph that his
>goal is to "take a station that was great for 1974, everybody had a station
>like that where they lived then, and bring it into 2003 by contemporizing
>it."  He plans on hiring 12 to 14 people to work at the station, and in fact
>has already hired a person to answer the phones.

I don't remember WOTW being all that great even by 1974
standards.  Formatically they were all over the place, typical small market
radio trying to be all things to all people with a rather bush
league-sounding air staff.  Might have (sorta) worked in 19_6_4, but by the
70s that kind of radio was pretty dated.

>They also want to move the studios from the current location
>(4th floor of an office building) to a more visible location, such as a mall
>or storefront to become a visible part of the community. And they plan on
>changing the call letters.

Weren't the calls changed back to WOTW to try and play on the station's
"heritage"?  No way is a 1kW daytimer gonna attract enough revenue to be
live most of the day...I'm sure passers-by will be fascinated watching the
automation switch satellite feeds.