Re: Philadelphia Inquirer | 06/21/2003 | Captain Real America

At 09:41 PM 6/26/2003, Nostatic wrote:
>Kevin Vahey wrote:
>
>>Interesting rumor at Veterans Stadium has Sox execs meeting with Greater
>>Media folk about a possible relationship. The Phillies are very happy
>>with Greater Media since WPEN took the games away from WPHT. The Sox do
>>have the right to cancel with Entercom at the end of the season as per
>>their sale contract.
>
>The Sox on 96.9 would be an interesting scenario.  However with pregame
>coverage normally starting at 6:30, it would cut into the tail end of Jay
>Severin's show. With Severin being the foundation that TKK is built on,
>management may not want to tamper with that show.

I dunno - they put Chris Lydon in Severin's slot for two weeks a few years
ago...I'd call that "tampering" with the foundation in a big way, although
it was a "safe" move in that all of Severin's listeners knew he'd be back
in two weeks and Lydon's got - or had - a pretty hefty contingent of loyal
listeners that probably exceeded whatever else WTKK might've put there instead.